This section allows you to easily view, print and download additional information about your product: select literature and product manuals.
With your new camera you will receive a CD-ROM (S-SW14) with USB drivers. These drivers, when properly installed, allow your Windows computer to see your camera as a disk drive, allowing you to download your images.
Most recent versions of the MacOS will automatically recognize your camera as a disk drive when you attach it to your computer. However, OS 8.6 needs a little help in the way of Pentax-supplied USB drivers.
If you do not have your CD-ROM, for whatever reason, you can download the USB drivers from this page.Windows Download Instructions:
You must download and install these drivers before you attempt to connect your camera to your Windows computer.
1. Download the usb_sw14.exe self-extracting driver file and save it on your computer's hard drive (the download link is at the bottom of this page). The desktop is a good place to save it where you can easily find it.
2. Double click the usb_sw14.exe file to extract its contents.
Click UNZIP to complete the extraction.
This alert will tell you when the extraction is complete. Click OK, then close the Self-Extractor window by clicking the CLOSE button.
3. Now, you will have a folder on your C: drive called pentaxsw14 as highlighted below.
Double click the pentaxsw14 folder to open it.
4. In the pentaxsw14 folder, double click the setup.exe icon, circled below, (it might just be called setup) to begin the installation of your USB drivers.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of your USB drivers.
6. After you finish installing your USB drivers, you can connect the camera to the computer with your USB cable. The computer will then see the camera as a new removable disk drive in the My Computer window.Macintosh Download Instructions:
You must download and install these drivers before you attempt to connect your camera to your Mac.
1. Download the SLG USB Driver.sea.hqx file, and save it on your computer's hard drive. It is a self-extracting stuffed file.
2. After you download and save the SLG USB Driver.sea.hqx file on your hard drive, double click it. It will then unstuff in the same window, creating a folder called SLG USB Driver.
3. Double click to open the SLG USB Driver folder.
Double click the PentaxDrvInstall6(E) file to install the USB drivers.
4. When the drivers are finished installing, a message will ask you to restart your computer.
Click YES to restart.
5. Now, when you connect your camera to your computer, the computer will see it as an untitled disk drive which will appear on your desktop.